Lotus Emira named Best Performance Car at ‘UK Car Of The Year’ Awards
- Emira praised for high level of interior quality, dynamic performance and value for money
- Judges drawn from across the automotive media landscape
- Emira now goes forward for the overall UK Car of the Year title
Hethel, UK – 28 February 2023 The Lotus Emira has been named Best Performance Car at the ‘UK Car of the Year’ awards 2023.
Now into its sixth year, the UKCOTY is wholly independent and designed to advise UK customers about the best new cars on the market. It is judged by almost 30 professional journalists who cover the whole automotive industry, including some of the most respected names from national newspapers, magazines, TV and online.
Comments from the judges included:
- “It’s great to have Lotus back producing cars that put a big smile on your face – and with a huge step-up in interior quality.” – Paul Barker, Carwow
- “As Lotus’ last-ever petrol car, the Emira two-seater sports car had to visually ‘go out with a bang’. Inside, the Emira’s cabin is one of its most well-appointed and comfortable ever to wear a Lotus badge. All in all, big bang achieved.” – Guy Bird, freelance journalist
- “What a return to form! Rapid yet enjoyable at lower speeds, a ride/handling balance that defies belief and exotica looks despite being cheaper than its Italian rivals.” – Keith Jones, CAR magazine and Parkers Car Guide
Russell Carr, Director of Design, Lotus Cars, led the Emira design team and said: “It is a great honour for the whole team at Lotus to receive this award for the Emira, and from such respected and knowledgeable judges.”
He added: “This award is also an appreciation and acknowledgement for all at Lotus Cars, from the engineering and development teams, those in manufacturing and quality and in sales and marketing, who have worked to take this now multi-award-winning sports car from concept to production and record sales.”
The Emira now goes forward for the overall UK Car of the Year title, to be announced next month.
Powered by either a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder or a 3.5-litre supercharged V6 engine through a manual, automatic or Dual Clutch Transmission, the Emira delivers breath-taking performance and class-leading ride and handling. It is a junior supercar with everyday usability, beautifully balanced with excellent steering weight. Delivering a shift in practicality, comfort, functionality and technology, it is a true Lotus – nimble, mid-engined, exotic looking and competitively priced. It is the most accomplished Lotus road car ever to come out of the Hethel factory gates.
Notes to Editors
For more information please contact the Lotus Communications team:
Rob Borrett, Head of Media and Launch Programmes
+44 (0) 7718 560789
Richard Yarrow, Head of News and Technology Communications
+44 (0) 7471 994525
Alastair Florance, PR Manager
+ 44 (0) 7802 918662
Ramzi Atat, Head of Marketing and PR (Asia Pacific and Middle East)
+971 50 5187778
Vanessa Meier, PR Manager (Americas)
+1 734 6087769
Diederik Reitsma, PR Manager, European Markets
+ 31 651 939 185
Jianlong Ma, Director (China)
+86 139 1086 0534
For Lotus Cars social media please follow:
Lotus is a global performance brand that is built on solid foundations and a rich heritage. Since the formation of Lotus in 1948, it has been pioneering true innovation, introducing cutting-edge technologies and developing advanced materials to meet its uncompromising vision of how a car should look, perform and feel. Lotus Group is made up of a high-performance sports car business, Lotus Cars, and an all-electric, luxury mobility provider, Lotus Technology. Together, we are setting a new standard for automotive excellence.